Monday, May 24, 2010

Horoscopes and Self-fulfillment

From the Washington Post, the horoscope for the birthday March 20, 2010:

"You'll have the means to see more of the world this year. Moves are favored, as is travel, especially long distance. A change of venue brings something fresh and fiery to your personal life. Look for love where loving people gravitate, and you'll be basking in the affection of a very attractive someone this summer."

I am not the sort of person to ignore good advice and predictions in my favor. I enjoy the daily treat of a horoscope, and interpreting its meaning as I see fit, but this seems perfectly clear: I must go wandering again. I have no plan to move house this year, but long distance travel is perfectly reasonable, and fits nicely with my personal interests. And so I plan to bring about the predictions of a newspaper horoscope and travel to Ireland for a study abroad program.

Living and studying in Galway for the summer also fulfills a personal goal I forgot I had; two years ago, after a weekend in Dublin during another study abroad program, I decided I wanted to someday visit Galway and the Ring of Kerry. How delightful, I managed to find a program that offers residence in Galway, and a day trip to the Ring of Kerry.

But, incidentals aside, I am going to learn. I, with my three companions, are intending to advance our studies of folklore. My proposed class schedule includes Gaelic Literature and Culture, and Irish Traditional Music and Dance, with options on Gaelic language classes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment